CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Some Unexpected News

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I've been fighting a cold..or so I thought. I was experiencing sneezing, coughing, stuffy head, and throwing up but what I realized I wasn't experiencing was my "monthly friend", that's right I'm pregnant w/ my fourth. This came as a total surprise to me since my husband and I have NOT been trying and have always been very careful. I wish I could say I'm thrilled but for some reason I'm everything but. I was just about to go back to school and do something for myself and now I feel like all of that has been put on hold or at least for now. I hope I don't sound ungrateful, I really do see every child as a blessing I"m just confused and sad for me right now as this came completely out of left field and changes everything. I want to turn to someone who can give me answers as to deal w/ an unwanted pregnancy so therefore I ask has anyone experienced this before?

3 comments:

Mariel said...

Just stumbled on your blog...hope you don't mind if I comment.

So, unwanted pregnancy?? How unwanted is this baby? Are you thinking like give the baby up for adoption, unwanted? Or just "unwanted" but I'll get over the shock of the unexpected and love the baby unconditionally? I hope those are the only "options" you are thinking of. I could rattle off several, several friends/family who can't have children that would love to adopt your baby in a heart beat.

Otherwise, if you are going to keep your baby I'm sure you will soon see that the child can bring something far more rewarding to your life than a college degree, more money, etc. I've got 4 children and it really is so hard but each one of them is so special and blesses my life so much! It would be hard to have the mind set that you are done and then be surprised to find out that you actually are not. It would be tricky to go back into the mommy of little babies mode. But, I'm sure it will be easier than you think when you see their sweet little face!

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog!

"Chris is Starving!"

Bloggers said...

I was in your shoes 3 years ago at the ripe age of 35 and with a 18 year old daughter and a 14 year old son!! This little one was a shock and a surprise because I had been told that I could not get pregnant. So we were looking forward to being alone after our oldest moved out and well I have to say that our son is so cool. I am so glad that he came and now that he is only 2 and half I cannot remember life without him!! He was unwanted but now I love him so much.